Secret day off...Update!

@maves I love this, Im so glad the universe pulled out some lovely surprises. It’s definitely a sign that you should do it more often.

The best thing about my current job is that even though in general it has a very inflexible schedule, I was able to set it up so that I work mostly 9 hour days and have one day off every 2 weeks. I am not working any longer hours (typically work 50+ hours/week) but having that day off has been amazing—I get tons of personal stuff done (taxes, scheduling the plumber), have managed to mostly completely ignore work on those days, and have a day when I know I’ll be free to do stuff with friends or just read a book without infringing on my time with my family as my kids are school age.

@maves Yah! Sometimes I'll take a day off and tell my husband but not anyone else b/c I don't want to test the Will of the Universe and have my son be sick that day, haha.

@maves Thanks for the update. I actually was thinking about your post today, wondering what I would do with a random day off. What good inspiration!

@maves I used to travel for work. Noted that the guys I traveled with… they would add an extra day.

They stayed and played golf at whatever lovely resort we were doing the conference at.

I always missed the kids too much and wanted to get back. And the idea of sleeping in while spouse was on kid detail never seemed fair to me….

In retrospect it was probably healthier for mental health.

@maves Woo hoo! I love it. I used to do this once a quarter but have gotten off track with it so this may be the reminder I need to start doing it again!

@maves I love this! I’ve done these days too. I loved reading all the details and I’m so happy for you. It sounded like such a great day and I know how awesome and necessary these days are. Soooo relatable re: actually being able to read a product while shopping! Whenever I shop with my kids I’m literally just trying to get out as fast as possible! I try to do all shopping alone if I can help it (during lunch break at work or shop online and pick up curbside grocery/target etc).

@maves Oh wow! The universe smiled on you, for sure! Thanks for updating us - your happiness is a bit contagious - I love starting my day with a positive little gem of a post.