Seattle moms and traveling moms please help

@aaronq10 I would do some kind of boot for shoes. Multi-purpose and waterproof.

As for warmth, I'm originally from the Midwest so this time of year I'm walking around in a sweatshirt and leggings or even shorts and a heavier/layered top on a dry day.

@aaronq10 Your clothes sound completely fine. You definitely don’t need to worry about being dressy. It’s not very cold here at least right now, so you should be warm enough. You should bring shoes that are a little more water resistant if it does rain.

Food wise… Ok so this recommendation is going to sound really lame because it’s a chain and not local. But if you’re going to be downtown and you want ahi with wonton, you can make a very easy visit to the Yard House on 4th Ave and order their ahi poke nachos. They’re really good. I KNOW I KNOW!

Daniel’s broiler also has an ahi tuna app. There’s a Daniel’s in S Lake Union so very easy to get to from downtown.

Lots of wonderful spots to eat at the Market as well. Matt’s in the Market is a favorite of mine.

And Umi Sake House is fun for sushi.

Have fun.

@aaronq10 I’m just north of Portland, so similar weather. I’d recommend a waterproof Chelsea boot, the white sneakers will get dirty super fast. I’d also look into adding a Patagonia or Columbia vest to wear with your blouses for some warmth. Clothing is all pretty casual around here.

@aaronq10 LOL you will be fine, you will see all sorts of fashion choices in the PNW 😆 And you deserve the new boots! I’d get a vest you can wear as a layer under your jacket and then leave on while you’re in office if you get chilly. I’m a dork and have this vest in a few colors: https://a.co/d/b6YhKD3

Back