Reaffirms OAD to me

artzmel11

Today in the office I overheard a lady who is due in 2 months with #3 (a girl) saying how rough it was when her 2 boys who constantly bickered and fought while being unwell (3.5 and 20 months) were off sick for 2 weeks while her husband was off on a trip, and her parents are away enjoying themselves in Europe.
She's gonna have 3 under 4 and clearly is just going for it to get the babies out of the way - but after having our DD home for a week with HFMD from day care - I am plenty happy to not have that chaos under my roof EVER. I realise some people dreamt of a bigger family and may not be OAD by choice - but my goodness by choice is the way to go when I heard this lady woo is me all through the day. P.S. LOVE this sub and everyones honesty and supportive comments - has been my staple and my wife has come to realise we are a complete family and all my positive vibes have come from this sub. We have booked a family trip just the 3 of us in November and cant wait!

@artzmel11 Agree with you. I live in a community where a lot of people have at least 4 kids. I can tell you a lot of these families are not happy, especially the moms. They can't even go anywhere because they can't fit everyone in one car. The dads don't help out much. A couple of kids could definitely use some early childhood intervention or maybe a social welfare check. I hate how these moms don't get much support or a choice. Compared to our little triangle family, it's like night and day.

@artzmel11 My favorite part about being a family of three is the vacations…you get a row of three seats on the airplane and don’t have to worry about splitting up! We have taken way more trips as a family of three than we would have with more kids. I have empathy for that lady in your story, sounds like she doesn’t have support yikes! Choosing just one child has definitely saved my sanity. Enjoy your vacation in November!

Back