Overfeeding, pediatrician gave him a diet

fallencolin

It is a bit of an update from the overfeeding post from last time

Yesterday we went to the ER because he had diarrhea and puking he couldnt keep any fluids down. He was tested for a virus but he was negative (he is 3 weeks and 4 days old) in the night he got O.R.S he did perfect on that kept it in and slept like a prince, in the morning he got formula again and it was back to spitting up and watery stool,…but he got discharged saying it will be fine. Now the punchline the pediatrician said we are feeding him too much and that makes his stomach upset. So we got a shedule every 3 hours 100ml

He HATES it she said we could give him 25 ml more if he keeps fussing, well,…. 25 wasnt even a snack so back to crying, any advice?

I heard alot that you cant overfeed a baby, BUT this beaast of a kid gained more then an kilo in two weeks so the pediatrician said he is ‘fat’ and gained to much weight and also grows to fast

I feel like im starving my kid,…. But its already considered ‘much’ in pediatrician eyes, he gets 800 ml a day. But im here sitting with a crying kid he hasnt slept in 5 hours and fusses the whole time to scream crying, help me!

@fallencolin I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure newborns shouldn't be put on a diet. I would get a second opinion from a different pediatrician. The vomiting could be an issue with the specific formula? Definitely go to a different doctor for clarification if you can.

@fallencolin We had our 1 month appointment yesterday and my dude gained 4 pounds since birth, his ped was very happy about it. If my pediatrician called my newborn fat I would definitely be looking for a new one.

@fallencolin Trust your gut … it sounds like you know starving him isn’t right. Get a second opinion and work on trial and error with your baby. good luck. I know it’s stressful.

@fallencolin My son gains 1lb every 5 days. He’s breast fed. His pediatrician has never mentioned a diet or that he’s gaining too fast. In fact, she’s impressed with his weight gain. He’s almost 2 months old and pushing 14lbs. He was born at 7.7, dropped down to 6.13 due to jaundice for a week and he’s been gaining ever since.

I would find a new pediatrician imo