My 4 m/o was awake for over 5 hours at daycare

@coffeecake67 Yes, and I was a daycare teacher as well but not in the infant room. It hasn’t been too long - about 3 weeks. She started out sleeping 45 min to an hour with them 2-3 times a day.

It seems like there’s not a solution, but at the same time it feels like there really needs to be something we can do!

@facebook My daycare generally does whatever we ask, although it is very very rare that we ask for anything.

We let them know we were nap training at home, that our plan was to let him cry it out for about 20-30 minutes and then give up on the nap, and what our wake windows were. They don't really follow our wake windows bc he gets tired much sooner at school (over stimulated? More active? Who knows) but they definitely try to let him cry it out. They've told us when they've had to intervene and rock him or whatever else they decide to do.

@kingdomkings Agreed 100% - definitely speak to the director in a non-aggressive way that’s not during pickup or drop off. The brief moments during that time don’t allow to properly address any issues.