Me: 0. Kid: 1

tyrael12

Currently on a small beach vaca with the family. It’s rainy today, so we revectored and are heading to an indoor playground for my 7yo to burn some energy. We decided to stop for coffee and breakfast on the way out.

We are at a cafe and the kid wants a decaf latte, so we get her one. It’s hot and she’s being wiggly, so I tell her to be careful. Don’t want it to spill. Still being wiggly. I tell her to move the drink from the edge of the table. She moves it closer the middle. Still wiggly, goes to grab the drink by the lip of the cup. I tell her “use two hands, it’d suck if it spilled all over you”. She uses two hands, drinks it, and all is good.

Driving on the way to the indoor playground now. I take a sip from my coffee. As I go to put it back in the cup holder, the bottom of the cup catches and the entire drink spills all over the center console. Without pause, I hear from the back: “Dad, you need to use two hands”.

Press F to pay respect.

@tyrael12 Reminds me of the Berenstain Bears books The Bike Lesson and Bear's Christmas. The dad makes basically every mistake in trying to teach his son how to ride a bike and then in the Christmas story sledding, skiing, ice skating, etc.

Two of my favorite books from when I was a kid, and now love reading them to my kiddos.