King-Size Floor Bed Frame?

@mamadacca Funny story - we moved into our house with basically nothing as we moved from CO to FL with just our cars. We spent the first year paying off debt and only buying the necessities. Well we paid off debt in August with baby due in December. We spent $1000 finishing off our master bedroom. ALL I wanted was for the bedroom to be "done for the baby". Fastforward a few months, we have our mattress on the floor, no more curtains, or wall sconces/lights are unplugged. It looks like a frat house! For me, I just accepted the change knowing one day soon i'll get my dream bedroom back!

@mamadacca Like everyone else, I’m not a fan of the look of my mattress on the floor, and I’m also concerned about mould, and so I considered getting a futon bed base as they’re super low. Instead I went with bed rails from eBay. They have a metal frame with a mesh cover than has spokes to tuck under the mattress to keep them in place. The height is adjustable. Baby is nine months, rolling and army crawling so far, pulling himself up to stand. We’ve put up one (of the three we bought) on one long side (queen bed) and on the other side left the Arm’s Reach Co-sleeper bassinet on the other as a barrier. He only ever slept in that co-sleeper three times but it’s been worth it as a barrier to rolling/crawling off the bed. Once he’s even more mobile we’ll have to put up all the rails and I suspect it’ll be tricky getting out of bed!

@mamadacca We have our mattress on a box spring on the floor, which allows air to circulate under the mattress. I put a bed skirt type thing on top of the box spring and pinned it in place (since it slides around otherwise) so it looks sort of like the thing you linked minus the legs.

@mamadacca It's super not fancy, but we use the IKEA slats under our bed just to get it a bit off the floor. It's really humid where we live, so mold is a serious issue. And I like how the wood is all under the bed, so no issues with stubbed toes.

Back