Kids father planning to vanish until they’re 18

@techyinaz My advice is get ahead of it financially now - get some legal and physical custody with full guidelines for child support so at least then maybe you afford enriching activities for them . As sad as it is as soon as the father finds out how much they with have to pay suddenly they want some visitation beacuse you get way more when you have the kids 💯 of the time - the emotional fall out will be some more apparent as they get older and they will see his true colors on their own not sure what state your in and I know money isn’t the first thing on your mind but speaking from experience get that done ✅ asap

@sequoiatree Agree 💯. I have been legally divorced for a year, and you NEED a custody agreement in place through your local court. CYOA. If he doesn’t want anything to do with the kids, that’s on him; and he can use whatever excuse helps him feel better about the situation. But to protect yourself, take the necessary legal steps NOW.

Also, once you have a custody agreement in place, document EVERYTHING. All attempts at planning visitation to daily communication on behalf of the kids. Eventually it will be known who’s there for the kids, it just takes some time. 💕

@techyinaz This is a good time to drop any narrative towards him, drop any games, drop any resentment etc… a man doesn’t just walk away from there children. They are usually pushed away!

@heartfullofchrist It matters because there's unlikely to be a better father available. A good father is valuable to children's lives. Just like a good mother. However, if he's a trash father and was a major factor in the separating, then I'd say good riddance.

I'm a children first advocate.

@heartfullofchrist Oh I agree that his current behavior is bad. However, statistically single mother homes have much higher negative outcomes for the children. OP is likely the only person that could reconcile this. Therapy, counseling, separate wings of the house... Some other arrangement is better for the kids than no father for 10 years at best...
I also look at this with a longer term view.

They've only been apart for 4 months compared to the next 10 years of fatherlessness.

Currently, the guy is clearly all shades of fucked up.

@jennyjohn She caught him cheating.

Statistically speaking, marriages with spouses who cheat are not good.

Separate wings of the house

Should they also have separate staff and butlers too?

Damn. You’re twisted. Suggesting a person stay married… hell no. Hopefully you’ll drop the pretense at some point

Back