It gets better

@michaellaporga 5 weeks was the hardest for me. My lo is 10 weeks now and already so much better. Went from miserable witching hours to sleeping through the night in a matter of 4 weeks.

@meroholda Ours was 10-2 🫠 and luckily when I went back to work. She had her 2 month appointment and after that weekend things just magically started getting better.

@anlopez Oh man … I’m reading all these and thinking about what an absolute 💩show it can potentially be for me.s husband wants us to go to a family reunion at 4 weeks pp !!! With our 19 month old… 😅

@billycress I don’t think we’re totally in the clear but my little one is 7 weeks. Last week and early this week were so incredibly hard. He cried one day (varying levels of intensity) nearly from time he woke to bedtime. I felt like I had to be doing something wrong. Then, yesterday and today so sooo much better. Still fussy but 3/10 compared to before. We were able to leave the house without meltdowns. I was able to take a shower with him in his bouncer awake, not timing it around a nap… and he was happy just sitting there! I hope we are on the down hill now but, if not, at least I am getting little glimmers of it.

@billycress It does get so much better. Went from not finding time to shower or eat to having time to actually get ready for the day, exercise, cook, etc.

Everyone hang in there. But also, feel all the feels while you're in it because it can be really freakin hard.

@billycress I needed this. 4 week old and every day is something different in all the worse ways. Husband and I are feeling the emotions and lack of sleep as well. Everyone says it gets better and I just keep asking "when???" So thank you for giving me a timeframe to possibly look forward to.

@billycress Is it bad that while I do think things are getting easier, I keep waiting for the “if I can just make it until she can insert something here”. If I can just make it until she sleeps longer than 4 hours. If I can just make it until the doesn’t feed overnight anymore. If I can just make it until she a little bit bigger.

It is much easier now (8 weeks) than it used to be but I still feel like the days are a struggle. Most days I just wish I could sleep all night and be a potato during the day or go do something I want to do.