It gets better

billycress

Here (9 weeks) having my first hot cup of tea, on my own, since she was born. The house is silent whilst she’s napping in her crib. Doesn’t sound like much but it is one of the most satisfying feelings I’ve had since giving birth and if you’d told me I’d ever do this again 4 weeks ago I’d have laughed you out of the room. Didn’t come to brag, just to say it gets better ❤️ it’s the little things x

Edit: upon reflection, I wouldn’t have laughed you out of the room at 5 weeks, I’d have told you to F off whilst sobbing hysterically.

@twoohfour 6-7 weeks is beyond exhausting. 8 weeks now and still hates the bassinet/fights sleep BUT the long crying fits have shortened and it’s gotten easier to soothe her.

@twoohfour 4 weeks tomorrow and I feel this so hard. My son’s eyes are red and swollen from fighting sleep. But I still refuses to go down unless I hold him the whole time.

@billycress My baby is 12 weeks and has been napping so well in the crib the past week! It’s been so nice to have some time to myself, but at the same time I just watch him on the monitor and miss him 🥹