It’s ok if your nursery isn’t finished or doesn’t exist

@sofie Yes. I’m getting all the feels looking at all these nurseries. But we live in an apartment and baby will just have to be in our bedroom. We figured we’ll rent a snoo, and then later on maybe get a play pack crib. But I have no idea how we’ll make it fit. It’s kind of a tight space.

@cook843 We did this. Baby sleeps in our small walk in closet. She started in a SNOO and now she’s in a travel lite pack n play. We hung a blackout curtain on a tension rod so we don’t have to close the door. Works for us!

@cook843 I'm in a 1+1 condo. Hoping to clear out the twin bed in the den that never gets used to put some baby stuff in there but really we don't have the space for a nursery in our current place and it does make me sad sometimes. However, we will be likely moving to a new city in 2022 and I'm hoping then we might be able to get a bigger place.

@sofie Yes !!!! I don’t do their room until they get close to 1-1.5 because they literally won’t use it and I already have to buy so much stuff to just get baby ready (a boy after a girl and in totally different seasons !). I’m really excited, but I do have to be realistic with my budget and I’d rather have clothes/diapers/wipes than a really cool nursery. I just finished my first’s room and it’s amazing and I’m so glad I waited !!!!

@sofie I spent so much time putting my nursery together. I wanted it to be exactly as I envisioned it, I commissioned special projects so it was perfect. My son slept in our room in a pack n play.

My advice, figure out where you’re baby will sleep and spend their time before dedicating stress to a nursery.

@sofie I think it's also important to consider too that people just have different interests. The people with Instagram-level Pinterest-worthy nurseries are often the types of people that are super interested in home decor and interior design, spend a lot of their free time doing that stuff because they love and enjoy doing it, maybe they even have a Pinterest/Instagram/blog that they use their nursery for, & so they make it a priority in their life to have a super cute nursery finished by the time the baby is here. And comparing yourself to them isn't super realistic. It's like comparing your dinner of Kraft macaroni and cheese to the dinner of a professional chef. You're going to have much different dinners, but it's understandable because you have different interests & if your family is fed that's what matters.

@perryslater You’re right, I really like home decor, have a baby store and build playrooms, playgrounds and Playhouses for living, so putting together the nursery was very important for me. Since I have my own business on baby industry I took care of the baby shopping and all nursery stuff, it was really fun, DH just smiled and was pretty happy for me, he don’t even care of the color of the walls or whatever, but He likes to just walk by the nursery and imagine our little girl there.

I’ve had so much fun on my baby project, and enjoyed been able to prepare like this for my baby even I joke she’ll be in our room and wont care about the room I put together for her. My little girl will be born tomorrow due IUGR, and my parents and sisters came yesterday to help us finishing details, we had fun and I loved their support even on this tiny details.