Is it a bad idea to wait until Black Friday to order my car seat / stroller? I’m due December 6th

@alvaroc I have the mamaroo and the itzy ritzy bag. 🤔 trying to decide now too haha

I did order the trio travel system off of albee. That was an awesome suggestion.

@alvaroc And a fantastic rewards program! I’ve gotten several baby items for free with the points from the car seat and stroller I was going to buy anyway.

@mrssmith Realistically even if you had your baby early it’s easy enough to have someone run to Target to pick up a car seat if necessary. I think it’s fine to wait if you’re not going to be stressed over cutting it close or annoyed if you have to buy the seat separate or a different seat if you have the baby early and what you want isn’t in stock nearby.

@reddc44 IF you live near a target or Walmart and are ok with the products they have in stock, AND have someone who you don’t expect to be eating at the hospital with you who’s willing to run these errands. Idk, doesn’t seem like a risk worth like $50 of savings to me

@reddc44 This is very true! The only thing that would stress me out is having the seat properly installed and stuff before the baby arrives. Although I guess it’ll have to be brought up to the baby first anyway in the hospital, but just knowing how to install it and make it secure ahead of time would be important to me. But I imagine if your partner or a family member can be trusted to do that then it’s no problem.

@mrssmith Not really. In a real emergency, legitimate car seats are available in any big box store at a moments notice. It might not be the one you want, but if you truly needed to, your husband could grab one at the store while you’re in the hospital.

@sofie Also if they both have cars then that could solve the problem on getting 2 car seats!

Edited to add: right after making this comment I realized for car seats they’ll prob just be needing another base for the car seat to click into. 😅

@sofie OP, if you go this route and have to pick one up last minute, get a convertible car seat so you can still get the one you want but then have something else to grow into later on down the road! Convertibles will often fit newborns through like 12 year olds.

@mrssmith There’s no harm in waiting. Even if you went into labor early you could pick one up on the way to the hospital or even send someone to get one. I’m 38+4 and haven’t even installed mine yet. It’s fine to wait.

@kersh My husband had to uninstall and reinstall the car seat because I refused to go to the birthing center and almost had the baby in the car lol

All that to say, you're fine to not have installed it, plenty of time and it's totally fine to do it in the hospital parking lot (Sorry for the trailed off thought. Toddler barreling towards me made me post prematurely)

Congrats on your new addition!

Back