Is it a bad idea to wait until Black Friday to order my car seat / stroller? I’m due December 6th

@mrssmith The hospital won’t let you leave unless you have a car seat so it’s nice to have it by the time you’re ~36 weeks

If you want that specific set and it’s not available to buy locally if you have your baby before your due date, then you shouldn’t wait

@mrssmith I had the same predicament happen to me. I had preordered a car seat to be delivered by end of January. I was due February 28. Of course the preordered car seat was delayed. I bought a back up car seat kept it in the box. Ended up going into labor a little early literally a day before my preorder got in. Had my parents pick up the preordered car seat while I was in the hospital. Husband installed the car seat in the hospital parking garage. Was able to return the backup. It was a little stressful at the time but would do it the same again.

@mrssmith I wouldn't wait that long. For my first baby, after installing the car seat, we had it inspected at the local fire station to make sure it was properly installed. They don't do it every single day so you might not have time in case you are paranoid like me. Plus if you go into labor early or there is a delay in delivery, you might have to end up buying something you don't like and being stuck with it or buying 2 things. All for not even knowing if this will go on sale.

@mrssmith As someone who had my baby at 37 weeks and bought this stroller and car seat when I was 20 weeks, I’m glad I bought it early, but I could have bought it closer to 30. I had a lot of anxiety about not being ready for the baby to come home (even though the only thing I do in babies nursery is pick out clothes 😂)! The only reason I bought when I did was on clearance for $300 at my local Walmart.

@mrssmith My due date was Dec 5th, ended up having an emergency C-section the day before Thanksgiving so needed my husband with me to help at hospital and would not have trusted grandparents to find the right car seat and get it installed properly. First time installing took some time too so personally glad I didn't wait but that is just my experience :) Maybe just keep an eye on pricing, sometimes they go on sale before too.

@mrssmith Just as an aside, I spent a couple of years keeping track of certain things over the yearly sales, to see if black Friday was really cheaper. For anything over $50, they regularly went on sales throughtout the year weren't any better of a deal at Black Friday. Things like Labor day sales were the same or even here deals. But for Smaller things, like clothes and little kitchen appliances like toasters, they would be cheaper. Especially if there were extra deals to be added, like a mail in rebate or earning store rewards.

Back