I don’t really have time to make this rant but I feel like I’m about to explode

@eleader22 I had the same problems - I work from home and my husband was on leave when I returned to work. If you can, work out of the house a few days.

@eleader22 You need a different office solution until next week, or you need to lock the door and inform your husband you cannot help. Baby can go w him to run errands, as inconvenient as I know that it.

@eleader22 Team nursing to sleep while working. My kid sometimes fell asleep during calls. Angle that camera up, or stay off camera. And I LOVE working somewhere else. It feels like such a treat, and it makes me feel like a grownup again.

It gets better, and giving your husband that time to be the primary is so important. Let him do whatever is needed, including pooping while holding a baby. We’ve all done it!

@eleader22 He’s exhibiting signs of mild weaponized incompetence. You’re letting him. Set some strong boundaries. “Take the baby with you.” “Soothe her yourself.” “Take her in the bathroom with you or put her down in the crib.”

You’re working from home. You need to make space for that. Space here means mental/time/physical space from parenting.

@eleader22 You need to set boundaries. Pump and then hand the milk over to him. He can fed the baby. He needs to run errands during your work hours? The baby goes with him. He needs to use the restroom? Put the baby down in a safe place and go. When I WFH and my husband was on parental leave, he wouldn't interrupt me. If I couldn't take the baby crying, I plugged in headphones and blasted music.