I’m sick and tired of being told “JuSt GEt up BeForE tHe KiDs”

@dmurrayfly We got really lucky in the night portion, he's basically slept through the night since about six months. I have so much admiration for the parents who have to deal with the little to no sleep. His sticking point has always been naps. I suppose you win some you lose some.

@zazzi I read that as "normal time kids," which my daughter definitely is not! 😅 She prefers to sleep about 9.5 hours at night, has done since she was about a year old. When am I having all this adult dinner time??? Even date night feels like an exhausting chore because if we stay out past bedtime it just means less sleep for me.

@dmurrayfly I just wanna say it sucks when they are little. There is a hump and you will get over it. I think back to those dreaded nights and early mornings and wished for another existence. It’s ok to just survive those years, F the journal.

@snigam Thank you 😭 I literally take it day by day, sometimes hour by hour because it really is just survival at this point and holding onto the hope that one day I’ll recover a little part of myself.

@dmurrayfly There is light at the end of this tunnel! Since about age 5, I have had to be the one to wake the kid up everyday! On the weekends, she often sleeps until 9 or 9:30! It is now easy to get up before her, if I really want to (I don’t).

@dmurrayfly You will! I promise it gets so much better.

I have a teen with an alarm clock, so I'm way past those days. Well, my brain thought I had it too good, so one adopted street cat later I'm now up at midnight to let her out, at 2am to let her in before she yowls the house down, at 3am because she's singing the songs of her people in front of the bedroom door, at 6am because it's time to go out again... really I ought to invest in ear plugs. Still way easier than small children, who so desperately want/need settling and every little bit of your patience.