I’m raising degenerates

@tenangsaja Embarrassment is appropriate. No reason to let it ruin the holiday.

Pack this embarrassing stories file, then go forward and conquer.

Enjoy telling a first date about the time your boy claimed a whole vacation town his property by micturating upon the street from a hotel balcony.

@tenangsaja On the bright side, I think I've turned out ok, and TBH, this would have been a mild day for young me. I've peed from balconies, bridges, porches, moving vehicles and boats. I've mooned, skinny dipped, streaked.... And then, one day, I grew up. Well, mostly. I'm pushing 60 and still have occasional spontaneous bursts of immaturity. Give them a good talking to. If this runs your time, that's on you. You will never be perfect. Your boys will never be perfect. Don't let that reality run or ruin your life.

@tenangsaja i don't understand. what are you embarrassed about? and do you mean to claim it's ruined because you're immeasurably embarrassed? both of these things are your fault. a little 7 year old boy peeing outside is a nonevent. your shame is your own and not something to inflict on either of your children who act the ways they do based exactly on your parenting

@tenangsaja It’s a great story that you will have forever. That freedom disappears as we age. I’d laugh it off and apologize if need be. But don’t let that ruin your holiday.

Back