I’m convinced I hate all boy names

@leviishere There’s so many great name options already given, I think these two sound southern. Joel Lachlan Hansen and Thomas Beckett Hansen. Joel and Kodi sound cute together to me. I love a lot of the names already given though like Arlo and Milo. I was thinking Joel, Joey, or Julian might be options instead of Jasper if you didn’t want to do that because of Twilight. I do really like Jasper though. One of my Favorites for a boy or girl is River. I had considered River Knox for a boy when I was naming my son a few years back. I ended up in the hospital and I couldn’t decide on the middle name the woman kept coming back with the papers she wanted me to fill out. It came down to Finn Wilder or Finn Nolan and we went with Finn Wilder because the last name had N’s and thought it might be too many. It was hard and it came down to the last second lol. Maybe once you see him you will know. Oh, and a couple more I think sound southern and I like for a boy that I don’t think were mentioned are Beau and Blake. Kodi Lee and Beau River sound cute together and have a similar flow to them. Beau I think would also go with several of the other names you listed as well. Best of luck! Would love to know what you finally decide 😊.

@itagmedia We’ve thought of that route as well. We’re both danish so that’s why we liked Dutch but that’s the only blood origins we share.

We do have Scandinavian, English, Danish, Irish, German, French in our blood lines.

@leviishere My son‘s name is Kilian. It has Irish / Celtic origins and means warrior. Could fit into your blood lines and I think it goes great with Kodi. And I would imagine it’s not used all that often in English speaking countries.

@alicelight No hate AT ALL! My cousin named her son Killian. I just find Kilian to be a very interesting choice in name with the word Kill in the front, is that largely ignored in other places?

@km2018 In Germany the name is mostly spelled with one l, so it doesn’t spell kill. It is also pronounced differently in German. The first i is longer than in the word kill, it’s more like Key-Lee-Ahn. So at least in Germany there’s no association with the word kill to be found. ;)

@leviishere I like: Callum, Callen, Wyatt, Jasper

You might like:

Kieran

Killian

Connelly

Connell

Fisher

Frost

Lane

Linden

Arden

Auden

Alton

Raylan

Harlan

August

Kit

Beckett

Marshall

Boy names are really hard. If nothing feels like it’s sticking, scrap your list. Get out a piece of paper and generate names that you’re emotionally connected to. This is the only way I was able to attach and find a couple boy names I love. Here are some prompts:

Family honor names?

Favorite songs? Artists?

Favorite books? Characters? Authors?

Favorite movie / tv characters? Actors?

Favorite pet?

Favorite tree? Hobby? Someone you love’s favorite hobby?

@leviishere My son is 4 months old and I haven’t picked one. So hard. And - believe it or not, ur list looks VERY similar to mine !!! I posted earlier in the week, it’s like I’m waiting for a name to suddenly appear - girls have it easy as we can use guy names for them also - so many more options .

A name I haven’t seen anywhere, so hope it helps u.

is KHAN.

Pronounced “KHA-RN”

Means king. (And yes although also known as a common Indian LAST name- that’s irrelevant , and didn’t matter to me. ) sounds so deadly as a first name , in western culture… also look good written ..
But my son, is just …so gentle , not soft, but clam mannerism. So, it’s an extremely strong name which he just doesn’t fit after leaving it all this time.

We are thinking on KOEN, but again. Feel like we are just settling. U no?his just so perfect (in our eyes) and it’s like no name is good enough lol

Good luck honey ..

@missingmyself Oh wow, 4 months!? It’s so hard to name the babies. I’ve noticed the name tends to change in vibe to match the kid over time. Idk if that even makes sense but it’s very “Nora really fits her personality” as an example

@leviishere These are some similar names to the ones you’ve listed - Carter, Blake, Caleb, Kelton, Colton, Nolan, Halsten, Allister, Ellison (Ellis for short), Lawson. Hope this helps! :)

Back