Hype me up and tell me I CAN do a short international flight alone with my two kids (3 years and 9 months)

@docmrm Another option is a car seat backpack. We have a lightweight car seat that we use just for travel, and then we pop it into a backpack for walking through the airport. It’s still bulky but manageable!

@docmrm I bought a fold up set of wheels (very light) and a slim light car seat. My kids sit in Nuna Rava in the car and that seat is like 27 pounds. I bought a Graco contender slim for plane travel. I am guessing it weighs in the 10 pound-ish range. The rolling wheels are called “airport car seat stroller cart” on Amazon.

@docmrm I also have an only child but have flown alone with her lots. The biggest help to me in the horrible toddler years was always remembering that it was a limited time and no matter how horrible it was it would be over soon.

Other than that, bring a stroller for the airport plus carrier for baby, especially if in Europe. You can gate check the stroller but may then have to walk up stairs to the plane or even get a bus, and after the flight it's only returned with the rest of the luggage. I know some people bring the small ones on board but I think it might take the place of hand luggage, plus you might also have to carry it up stairs. For the toddler one of those ride on suitcases might be useful.

Bring hand luggage with plenty of snacks (don't depend on plane food) and spare clothes for everyone, even you if possible. But check your main luggage, you have enough to juggle. Download some bluey or whatever your toddler likes to watch on a tablet. This is not a time to restrict screens.

@docmrm If you're from the US, I'd suggest seeing if you can get Global Entry, or at least the TSA Pre-check. Pre-check only takes a couple weeks to get approved (mine was less than a week) and it's nice not having to take off your shoes and stop to put them back on when wrangling kids through the airport.

Also, be careful what kind of water bottles you take on the plane. I took both my kids with me and gave them each a water bottle with a pop-up lid. Turns out, those will pressurize if left closed at take off then water will explode up if you open the mid flight. Learned that the hard way