How to respond to the people who say “WeLl CaN’t YoU jUsT wOrK fRoM hOmE?”

@xn18 Gosh we were dooing really good on doordash and Uber and instacart back then... The homeschooling was insane... Oh wait.. nothing has changed at all for us.. Except now people are working again so it is less random orders and more regulars.

@mahyrah I tried to wfh with a 6 month old. (This was almost 15 years ago now) I have never felt so much like an absolute failure. I couldn’t do the work because I couldn’t focus on it for more than 10 minutes when she was awake (clusterfeeding is rough!!) and then I couldn’t stay awake (or have a clear enough mind) to work when she was asleep. Not to mention trying to keep anything clean around the house…

@mahyrah I do wfh. And I did before my daughter started school. It's not easy. I was lucky enough to find a job that had a flexible schedule so as long as I got the work done they didn't really care when I did it.

But it's not as easy as some people seem to think. My fiance would have to take over child care when he got home so I could finish what I was doing. I was constantly up and down taking care of my daughter. Like do people not realize how hard it is to wfh with a child?

Back