How often do you have date night with your partner?

@jcano Rarely. Last date night was 12/9. Before that it had been probably July? We both work full time plus overtime and it takes too much effort to organize a night out. Most of the time I would rather order takeout and watch a movie together.

@jcano We do a weekly date night, but that only just started with my parents moving into our neighborhood. The kids are 3 and 6 and we're home to put them to bed so it's not a total night off. It definitely helps though!

@jcano We try to do once a month but it doesn’t always happen. We’re lucky in that my in laws live pretty close and watch her sometimes. Otherwise it’s usually a teacher from her daycare. We also take advantage of holidays that we have off of work but daycare is open. We’ll go out to lunch together. When our daughter was an infant, we did monthly date nights after she went to bed and it was just basically a nice meal and watching a movie together at home.

@jcano About once a month! Both of us love dining out and we utilize our families and our nanny a lot. Because bedtime is a little difficult right now with our younger child, we sometimes do an early dinner (like 5pm) so we can be home for bedtime.

@jcano We do date days on our off-fridays. We usually go to lunch, do some shopping, or whatever it may be. These days, any activity without the kids (1 & 4yo) is considered a date 😅.
Sometimes we’ll go out for a drink when my parents come to visit and after the kids are in bed (we live in a different state), but usually we’re too tired to stay out and do the whole dinner & drinks kinda date.

The Fridays we work, we’ll go on a quick lunch date and maybe a drive thru coffee ☕

@jcano Pretty much we don't. Our last date night was June 2021. My parents were in town for a weekend so my husband and I went out to dinner.

All our family lives out of state and honestly my husband and I find it hard to do solo bedtime for our three kids, so I wouldn't put that on a babysitter. They don't go to bed early enough for us to put them down and then go have a night out.

I know this is just a season. One day they'll be old enough to leave with a babysitter and one day they'll be old enough to leave alone... And one day they'll have left entirely.

@jcano We aim for once a month, usually a Saturday or Sunday. We ask our nanny to babysit, no pressure on her though. We say it is completely optional.

Friday would be a good alternative if nanny would rather extend her hours instead of coming in on a weekend though.

If we had family nearby, I would want a date night every 2 weeks.

Back