How many kids after 35 have you had ?

sandpapermartyr

I am 35, will be 36 in the fall. I’d love to have 2-4, but I am wondering if I should just be happy I might get 1 baby. I was married later in life, so I am stating my child bearing years later….

@sandpapermartyr I'm one and done (had him at 38), but my best friend started at 35 and just gave birth to her 3rd kiddo at age 40. All were through IVF as she had unexplained fertility issues.

@sandpapermartyr Sure. It's all in my post history if you want more details, but I had a truly awful pregnancy. I was dry heaving hundreds of times a day from 6 weeks pregnant until I gave birth (and that was with a LOT of anti-nausea medication). I just cannot put myself through that ever again.

My experience is extraordinarily rare, though.

@jack871 Did you get the speech about how your fertility drastically drops in your 30s? My doctors started pestering me about dropping fertility rates around 32. I had my two children at 36 and 40. I got pregnant way too easily, which is why I had my tubes tied the day after my son was born.

@cheesed1 Haha I actually never really got the speech! When I had my second at 37 and mentioned one more to my doc she said “you’re healthy, I don’t see any reason why not to try!” …. But I know many people get the speech and I’m sure it’s demoralizing.

@jack871 My FIL is the oldest of 10 and my mom is the middle of 9. I kept telling the doctors that if it was one thing our families knew how to do, it was reproduce. 🤣🤣🤣

@jack871 Do you mind me asking how old your husband/partner is? Mine is 3 years older so he’s hit 40 this year and his age might be the thing that stops us from trying for #3…rather his thoughts about his age. I know I’d like a third but he feels like he will be too old in 2 years.

@blessed2oo He’s 4 years older than me…. So he was 39, 41 and almost 43 for the birth of our kids. We’re both extremely healthy and have been our whole lives (never been drinkers at all, eat super clean, have always exercised daily, etc) so I think that helped but genetics of course play a big role. I have many friends who struggled getting pregnant so our ease having three healthy babies is probably the thing I’m the most grateful for in life. I get your husband feeling that way but it’s all in how you physically feel. Some people are 45 and feel 30, others are 45 and feel 60. I think being fit has made parenting so much easier for us so if he feeeeels good, that’s what matters!

Back