Ok what’s the right answer here? I’m sick of seeing so many conflicting things

@aliwhit I would like to say, introducing a hot bottle and then cooling it very quickly causes more bacteria. The optimal choice would be to let it cool to room temp, then refrigerate for later use or let it cool naturally then give it to baby.

That being said, there is no "right" way to do it. if I boiled water for formula, I don't, but I would boil it, let it cool naturally to room temp or so, then put the water in a formula pitcher(I use Dr. Browns), then add in the formula, then mix, then put it in the fridge and then warm it in a bottle warmer before feeding. Some babies are fine with their formula straight out of the fridge too!

Just don't stress yourself out and make things harder if there is no real reason other than you want to do it a certain way lol

@aliwhit 😅 I use water that’s been Brita filtered. Then put in kettle to boil. (Double kill 😆)
Once water cools to warm(hot-ish) I put it in a thermo. My LO likes warm milk for the most part(esp night feeds). I find thermo method is quicker than warming it in a bottle warmer or running water.

@aliwhit If you google, CDC website does recommend to sterilize formula at 158 degrees. But it’s not a requirement for companies here to recommend that.

If you use European formula, they usually will state the temperature to sterilize the formula.

Due to several recalls this year, I chose to sterilize the formula just to be safe.

@aliwhit I use distilled water and formula. We also have a baby brezza so it warms it for us while it dispenses lol but if we are out and about our baby gets room temperature distilled water with formula. She’s almost 11 months and this worked fine!