How long until the belly goes back to normal?

cernunnos

Hi all. I am a FTM, 5 months postpartum. Hit my prepregnancy weight through diet and exercise. My entire body looks the same as before except my abdomen which basically looks looser/less tight. I have def seen improvement in the belly over the months but it’s still not the same. Is this a wait and see situation? How many months pp did your belly look the same as before? (I don’t have DR.)
P.S. I’m assuming it’s simply a tightness issue and not extra fat on the belly because I fit the same pants/jeans.

@cernunnos Honestly? Mine never did. I have two kids and the only way I got my stomach to lie flat after the first was to lose even more weight than I had been pre pregnancy. Now with my second, I’m even fluffier. I’m not expecting to look the same as I did after my first, but if I come close it’ll probably be in a year or two.

@cernunnos I am 1.4 year pp after my first and mine is almost gone.
I am the same weight as I was pp (maybe a little less).
It's slow going for the skin side of things and those last few kgs but for my friends and I we have been able to come back after 1. My friends with 2 or more... less so but still not bad.

@cernunnos My stomach skin is not lax, but after two there is a small pooch still at 12 months pp. I’m 5’4 and 130 at 41 and relatively toned but don’t think my belly will be flat again. I’m planning to embrace the Spanx when I need to and that’s that.

Back