How do you approach the stupidity that is Daylights Savings Time?

robaya

Fall Back helped us get her in bed at our ideal time of 7:30. Last Spring Forward she was 3 months old and going to bed way too late still anyway. At 15 months old, there is no rationalizing or explaining.

What are you doing?

I figure we’ll start her in the middle at 8 (current bedtime is 7:30) and then slowly adjust her back to 7:30 throughout the next 1-2 weeks.

Thoughts?

@aliandry Yup, I never preplan for it because that has potential to be stressful and not work. Much rather wing it and see what happens. My 3 year old has dealt ok with it on the majority of occasions, only I think twice have we had to gradiate bedtimes after the fact because she didn't cope.

@aliandry Same here, never really noticed it impacting our toddler, just going to continuing winging it when we go back to regular time in a few weeks (southern hemisphere).

@olsoli Haha I'm not really that chill, but adjusting bedtimes around daylight savings has always seemed more stressful for me than just dealing with the time change. The wing it method has gone well for the past 4 years though. Highly recommend!

@aliandry So it actually worked fantastic for my eldest. I pretty much just ignored it because I was too tired to care what time it actually was vs what the clock said. How about my 11 month old has been an early riser since day one so I legit was excited this time. Like fine if you can’t sleep until 7 am, we will magically make 6 am, 7 am today and bam. Easy win. Why did he still wake up at 6 am?! Sleepy me was trying to explain to him it was really 5 am and why this wasn’t fair…

Back