First 8 weeks I gained 9 lbs and then I lost 6 lbs in a few days after I started drinking more water. Don’t forget to drink a lot of water!

sfender

Hi everyone! I was having an issue where my weight gain was off the chart high. I gained 9 lbs in the first 8 weeks. I ate a very spicy meal one day and chugged water like I have never done before. Guess what!? The next day I wasn’t as bloated and lost 3 lbs. I continued drinking a lot of water and it’s helping. I am not eating any less, I am not trying to loose weight but I was worried about my weight gain being excessive. I am now back in the recommended range while I continue to drink a lot of water. I was surprised to find how much water a pregnant woman needs to drink. I hope it helps people suffering from the same problem I was.

@sfender Yep, we traveled and I ate pretty terribly, drank Gatorade and had root beer, still had some water but not as much as normal. Gained four lbs between Friday and Sunday. Have been back on normal routine including lots of water and I’ve dropped three of those this week. Crazy how your body will do that!

@sfender Can't echo this enough. I had terrible cramping early on with my first pregnancy. Water fixed that right up. Now I'm on my second and water is literally the difference between functioning and feeling like complete and utter shit. Sleep also. Lack of sleep (especially in the late trimesters) can amplify all the suck. Do whatever you can to get some sleep.

@sfender Ya my weight gain first tri was like 12 pounds. Then the first bit of my 2nd tri was stagnant. Water is key! Plus eating was the only thing that kept my nausea at bay. Now in my second trimester my eating is much more under control lol

@enigma42310 I’m having that exact same problem! I’m not used to eating a lot. Typically I have a small lunch and then rarely snack and then eat a medium sized dinner. This snacking all day to keep my nausea away has me worried I’m going to gain a lot of weight 😬

@porpoise My weight gain has definitely leveled off a bit and the increase is not quite so drastic anymore, so maybe it will be the same for you. I was also worried I would gain too much cause you often hear you might only gain up to 5 lbs or even lose weight the first trimester and that was definitely not the case for me haha

@enigma42310 Had a similar experience! Gained at an average rate of 1.4lbs per week in my first trimester! (And I don't even have nausea or sickness to blame - I just wanted all the beige food!) Got my act back together (mostly!) in the second and only gained at a rate of 0.5lb per week throughout. Am nearly back on track now but even if I'm few pounds over, I am at least eating good, nutrient dense foods!

I know at 27+3 that baby is now all about putting on that weight but hopefully I can manage myself a bit better for the duration!

@coopdawg70 I am trying to drink as much as I can but at least four 24 oz bottles. I don’t know if this is an insane or normal amount but if I drink less i get bloated.