FINALLY

@hocyre89 It suckkks! I'm gonna say something probably way to gross but whatever. Sometimes when the huge poos are stuck, you can (with washed clean fingers) press on your pereneum and move things along if it's already engaged hahahaha. This is something I've had to resort to. It's so uncomfortable but sometimes I just cannot get it out on my own and it's literally painful. I've left the bathroom with headaches from pushing so hard lmao.

@hocyre89 CONGRATULATIONS!

Word of advice which may seem obvious to most but here goes anyway...

GET THE POOP OUT BEFORE YOU GO INTO LABOR. I had the baby this morning after not pooping for 4 days. Everyone who checked me was like “wow, lots of poop in there!”. The midwife got so frustrated and literally took it out. I pushed for 4 hours and he finally came out after we got the turds taken care of. Give yourself an enema before going to the hospital.

@hocyre89 You know I read somewhere on those “ask Reddit” random posts that if you can’t poop, sit on the toilet and rock back and forth for a few minutes. This little trick has been SO helpful during my pregnancy, it really does help. It’s not always a 100% guaranteed poop for me but it’s at least something to try!

@hocyre89 I know you’re not asking for advice, but here I am! Natural Calm magnesium is SO good for constipation! And it helps you sleep well at night. 15/10 recommend.

@hocyre89 This is me hardcore at 10 week. 😭 literally tried everything except prunes, but just ordered prune juice on Amazon and hopeful for a good one this week. Colace, Metamucil, glycerin suppository, NOTHIN! This is the true devil of pregnancy lol.

@hocyre89 I was on here the other day and was slightly struggling with constipation. A fellow mum-to-be mentioned she has a coffee every day and it helps, so I started doing that.
Oh. My. Days. If I haven't been able to go in 1-2 days I will have a decaf coffee in the morning and within 30-45 minutes I need to go.

If you haven't tried it, maybe give it a go :)? Hope it helps someone!

Back