Fertility and the COVID vaccine: a scientific breakdown

@ekaeo Screw those damn people who don’t trust the government. Our government is trustworthy and would never lie or give us something that’s not fully tested…..

@fcb349 Anecdote: I need there to be research on it improving fertility lol. My husband and I were infertile for three years of trying and I had my first pregnancy ever the first cycle after we got our second dose, together. Our daughter will be 4 months soon. I have seen a lot of other stories of ‘vaccine babies’, particularly from infertile and sub fertile couples, online.

@heloise23 I got pregnant the next period after my second shot as well.

Also contracting Covid gave me blood clots so I was told to go off my birth control. So I attribute this whole pregnancy to having Covid :)

@heloise23 Anecdotally confirming this lol. I’ve tried with two different previous partners for years, including multiple medicated cycles. Got pregnant naturally in January, after having been vaccinated for a year, and getting Covid in October. Never thought this was going to be an option for me and something changed that made me more fertile out of no where 🤷‍♀️

@heloise23 I got pregnant days after getting my booster. At the time, I read something that indicated that the immediate impact on your immune system could boost your chances of conceiving. Unfortunately I don't remember any details. But I'm 33 weeks pregnant now, so it all worked out :)

@heloise23 Not in regards to fertility per se, but I got my only period on mirena (which I got months after my initial 2 vaccines) just after I got my COVID booster. Never had another one on it before or after (though I removed it just a couple months later and have been very regular since). It could totally be coincidental, but I just thought it was interesting in light of hearing about others having period changes and also getting pregnant after battling infertility.

@fcb349 Like 3 weeks after the vaccine came out people said it caused infertility. I was actually dealing with fertility issues and found this so invalidating and aggravating. We can’t just let people spew out whatever they hear on the news! Thank you for putting time into this

@eileenoal Ditto! After 3 years and 3 miscarriages, my successful pregnancy was conceived two weeks after my first shot. I had shot number 2 at 14 weeks and booster at 9 months. I thunk Pfizer gets some credit for reversing my infertility!

@daisychainlove Yeah tbh that might be why I got pregnant on accident too lol. It may have altered my period (stress and sickness always do for me!) but it definitely didn’t cause infertility!!

@eileenoal I actually shared these with my mom, who initially didn’t want us to vaccinate our daughter when the time comes. She’s an extremely cautious, anxious, and conservative woman (not politically though), so it took a while sharing data to finally get her to see my side. Hopefully it helps someone else!