Fertility and the COVID vaccine: a scientific breakdown

@fcb349 My anectdote: My partner got pregnant within 2 months of receiving her 2nd shot and got boosted while pregnant, baby is healthy and happy.

@fcb349 Thank you for sharing. The conclusion here seems to tally with how my period came early and was more painful for two cycles after my second dose. It certainly didn’t affect my fertility as I was pregnant less than 4 months later in spite of some existing fertility challenges.

@fcb349 These myths are made up out of whole cloth, before women of childbearing age were even being vaccinated. It came from people like Alex Jones and David Icke.

@fcb349 Since we're sharing anecdotes: I received my second vaccine at 5w pregnant and had a miscarriage within the week.

That's why I'm hesitant to get my booster. I'm now 26 weeks and am planning on waiting until week 30 to get boosted.

@von20207777 I also had a miscarriage shortly after getting boosted (and seeing a heartbeat at 9 weeks). I do have an autoimmune issue that could make me respond to vaccines worse than other people. If I’m lucky enough to get pregnant again I won’t be taking the same risk.

@fcb349 Anecdote FWIW: in my third trimester, I had two doses of Pfizer (bookended by TDap two weeks before my first Pfizer dose, and flu vaccine 3 weeks after my second Pfizer dose). I have a healthy and happy 7mo who was born full term, and she has either met her milestones early or on time.