favorite soaps that don’t dry out skin?!

guidance

I’ve been using Dr Bronner’s unscented baby castile bar soap but just realized recently it’s probably drying out my skin (my skins been dry but I’ve been blaming it on it just being winter)… I’m also an expecting mother and had it in my mind I’d use that for baby (I know they don’t need to be washed with soap necessarily for awhile)… so looking for something that’s safe and not drying for both! I’m interested in the primally pure baby soap but maybe there are cheaper similar options.

@guidance I love the soap from Goat Milk Stuff. It is not drying at all. They have unscented soap that I used for my kids when they were tiny. Bonus: you are supporting a small family owned business and farm.

@soulcobra Just ordered some! I get eczema flair ups sometimes and also rosacea.. they were both doing so well but the passed few weeks it’s been flaring up and is hopefully just sorta pregnancy related. It sounded like it may be good for both :)

@guidance I like Dr. Bronner’s unscented sugar soap! It’s their most dilute product, and has oils in it to moisturize. It’s the only body wash we’ve tried so far that doesn’t dry out my oldest kid’s eczema (it does trigger the younger kid’s eczema, though, so YMMV).

For my youngest, I use Mustela stelatopia cleansing oil. It isn’t a soap, but it’s unscented and not drying at all.

@sarahsknight Thanks a lot! I get some eczema flair ups too.. it was under control for awhile but with pregnancy it’s come back once for about a week. I’ve been interested in cleansing oils too I’ll check both of these out

@guidance I don’t have eczema, just dry skin, but I’ve had good luck with Exederm body wash. I used it during both my pregnancies. It worked especially well for me in hard water. It’s not fully granola, but it’s fragrance free, dye free, sulfate free, etc.

@sarahsknight This is what we use on the whole family. We live in an extremely dry climate and my pediatrician comments often on how amazing my 1year old's skin looks and asks what I do. She said most babies are coming in with very dry skin and eczema.

I only do a very small amount of the sugar soap, every other bath. We do bath every night before bed, but will alternate the soap nights with just warm water. Then follow the nightly bath with a sweet almond oil massage.

@katrina2017 I forgot there is someone that sells goat milk soap very local to me.. I get my raw honey from them and forgot about the soap. Checking their website out and they have more products than I thought, glad this reminded me to think of them!

@guidance Dr. Bronners is super drying for my skin too. I usually end up buying random unscented goat milk or tallow soap bars at my local health food store. My skin is much happier for it :)

Back