What’s your favorite formula?

@conner74 My first son was on Bobbie the entire time and did great. The subscription option was especially convenient and through the 2022 shortage I didn’t have to stress. My now six week old didn’t do well on Bobbie so I did a slow transition to kendemil. he was miserable after every bottle with gas and spit up. Just switched to bubs supreme for the gentler A2 and so far so good. It’s carried on Amazon and Walmart but hoping I can catch some sales they may have on their website.

@conner74 Another Bobbie here. My baby loves it. Like prefers it to the Similac RTF we use while we are out and about and need something quick. Bobbie doesnt have a smell and when baby burps there is no foul smell (unlike what happens with other formulas). I recommend it with probiotic drops.

@conner74 Kendamil classic! The only sucky thing is WIC does not cover it regardless if you were to even try to ask your pediatrtion to write a script for it.

@conner74 We’ve tried a few different ones for my 6 week old and so far our favorite is Similac pure bliss. He was previously on Enfamil gentlease which made him spit up a lot and then similac soy isomil (recommended by his ped due to the spit up) which caused really bad gas and constipation. He’s been on pure bliss for a week so far and is loving it! I’ve heard great things about Costcos formula and would love to try it one day just due to cost but for now we like the one he is on!

@conner74 I use kendamil for mine. He does really well on it. He also takes neosure a couple times a day as he was premature. I like kendamil because it doesn’t stink to me like other formulas.

@conner74 I started with kendamil which I loved but due to some skin issues we switched to Australian BuBs because it has pre and probiotics. I love them both and I can’t recommend them enough

@conner74 We are on Kendamil organic. We started on the premade enfamil bottles as a newborn to ensure no contamination and later went on the Kendamil. We didn’t try multiple formulas so we don’t have a strong opinion. I guess I like the organic part?

@christiangirlchristian Does your baby have the legendary “kendapoos”? We just started kendamil combo feeding (transition from EBF) two weeks ago and I’m a little taken aback by the poo volume, liquidity, and frequency! Will it get better?

@galaxy01 I’m not sure what that means? He poops on average 1-2 times per day. Typically not blowout level poops, unless he goes a day without pooping than I usually expect that poop to be big. It’s more liquidy (in the sense that the diaper absorbs it) and more dark green in color. We showed pics to our doctor and he didn’t seem to have an issue with it. I asked if we should change formulas and doc said that wasn’t necessary.

@christiangirlchristian That’s helpful to know! We’ve just had multiple blowouts this week and my cursory research on this subreddit says that’s common with Kendamil (other posters had called them “Kendapoos” so I thought that might be a well known terminology). Thanks!

@conner74 My son did okay on Kendamil, then he started struggling with cows milk. So we switched to a company called Little Oak (goats milk) and he did much, much better. Granted it has to be ordered since you can’t get it in store, but it was worth it to us as parents. We tried a few different formulas, Little Oak worked best for my kiddo.

Back