Father in Law wants to change baby’s name so badly

@creator123 Vincent is such a good name and means a lot to my husband and I considering my husband took me to a Van Gogh exhibit just before proposing.

FIL said that this baby will be constantly asked throughout his life if hes named after the artist and claims itll be awkward and that is why the baby will hold a grudge over me and my husband and love my FIL more because my FIL will proudly tell this baby that he tried to get us to change the name

@mogulmama I just.. what?? I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this.

From one internet stranger to another: I think Vincent is a perfectly lovely name and that your FIL is an asshat.

@mogulmama That makes no sense whatsoever!!!! A lot people don't even know that's Van Gogh's name, they just know him by the last name. Your FIL is insane. He just wants to name the baby what he wants and is making excuses, completely disrespectful.

Lovely name, btw.

@mogulmama I know at least one adult named Vincent and it definitely never occurred to me to ask where his name is from... I also thought that surely the name you picked must be unusual, like Limp Bizkit or something. Vincent is a totally normal name.

If it helps, I have no idea where this website gets its data, but according to this, its a fairly common name, at least in the US: https://www.everything-birthday.com/name/m/Vincent Does he think that Todd is a weird name? Because Vincent is way more common than Todd, at least according to that website...

@mogulmama I know a number of people named Vince and have never made the connection that their full name may be Vincent, and even if it was I wouldn’t think of the artist right away, and if I did I’d think it was kinda neat. Totally normal and common name.

@creator123 The last post I read like this the future baby’s name was “Sharker”.

Yeah no seriously. Sharker. Picked by a toddler older sibling.

Vincent is a totally normal name. Popular even! I know two toddler Vincents.

@mogulmama Are you effing serious? He likes “Miggy” over Vincent?? I know it’s easy for strangers on Reddit to tell you to stand up for yourself, but for real. This guy can kick rocks and obviously doesn’t remember what it’s like to piss off a pregnant person. Maybe you should show him, AND your husband. Vincent is a good name and “Vinny” as a nickname is adorable. Put him in his place girl. You have reddits permission.

@mogulmama Miggy???? Blake??? Over the perfectly acceptable and respectable Vincent???

Next time he brings up Miggy start singing "he's got the moves like Jagger" and for Blake, ask him if he's a big fan of William Blake or if Gossip Girl was so influential in his life that he intends to name your son after Blake Lively.