Family car wanted

calathea

I'm looking to two+ hooks near the ceiling of the car to hang an IV for my toddler who (a) needs a feeding tube (b) needs a stomach pump (gastroparesis, look it up it's not gross) when she eats to avoid vomiting. We have stated to go on road trips (but before the quantine stared) we had to change her car seat and the IV wasn't at the right height anymore. This might be too specific a question but advice is welcome!
(Also I have 3 kids and 1 on the way)

@calathea Anything tall with grab handles or clothes hangars in about the right place. Put a bar between the two and use that for hanging bags (you can put sliding hooks on the bar and stops on the bar to keep them from sliding). If not you can always install something, but it might take some work. So a minivan or mid-size+ SUV might work for you.

I was an EMT for years and it sounds like an important need is for an adult to ride next to the child to provide care in-transit. In which case you need a fairly large passenger vehicle. I don't think a "car" is going to work, especially with four kids. A minivan with captains chairs in the second row would provide a lot of working space, especially if the seats can turn around. That way one adult could ride backwards and care for the child in the third row or turn around and face forward when they don't need to be providing care. If they don't turn around then an adult could care for the child side by side.

Edit: spelling

@calathea If you don’t get what you need here, CSFTL (car seats for the littles) has special needs car seat safety technicians that will give advice for free. They have a website but most people contact them via Facebook. I would message them and ask what they recommend. Don’t post directly to the page - lots of followers are hyper aggressive.