Toddler plates & bowls - Plastic? "Bamboo" (aka melamine)? Actual bamboo/wood? Something else? What does your family use?

@tobiahjude99 I went for bamboo because when she was growing out of silicone suction plates it was also the end of patio season so I got a nearly identical “patio” set for my daughter which looks like ours but is lighter. They’re dishwasher safe as well and she quite likes them. They were regularly priced about $12 each for a small side plate and I got them for $2 each on clear out,

@tobiahjude99 Oh yes… they must be 😬 great! I hate that! 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ but for us she is probably old enough to use a regular plate for sure, she honestly just knows they’re hers and the part I like about them not being breakable is she gets them out at meal time and sets her spot. I’m sure she’s ready for the next step tho

@kyleeak Maybe nothing, like there was a genuine question in my post not a fake one.

I truly expected more replies to be either "I use those I am not concerned 🤷🏼‍♀️" or some variation on "plastic isn't perfect but there isn't a perfect solution, we chose to use (whatever)".

@tobiahjude99 We use the silicone cups, plates, and bowls from Lalo. Love them! Can be used to reheat food, dishwasher safe, safe to be dropped, safe near food. Downside? Not safe from husband who thinks you can cut food on it with a knife. 🤪

@tobiahjude99 We just use normal porcelain!

We bought cheaper plates for everyday use from IKEA so it’s no big deal if they get chipped or broken. But passed a certain age, if a toddler knows dropping a plate might actually break it, they’ll learn to be more careful more quickly.

My toddler pushed a plate off the table exactly once lol

Back