Easy adjust travel stroller

evanga76

Looking for a travel stroller I can quickly swap between my 5 month old and 2.5 year old. Any recommendations for travel strollers with a really easy to adjust harness and sun shade? (Bonus for easy one-handed fold and unfold too)

Thanks!

@hewhoshallnotbenamed Oooh those do look easy! Thank you. I bet it can try it out at Nordstrom, they have most Nuna stuff.

I love my Inglesina Quid but it takes so long to adjust the harness between kids. We’ve been using and abusing it for 2+ years, and it might not be long for this world. Since it might need to be replaced soon, I figured I may as well get a travel stroller with a smoother harness for easier sharing.

How is the sun shade on the Trvl? The basket? The recline?

@evanga76 The recline and sunshade are acceptable for me, but the nuna trvl lx is worth looking at if you want them to be better! I cared more about the slight less weight of the nuna trvl (it’s like 2.5 lbs lighter). The basket is fine! I love mine so much.

Just out of curiosity, as I’m about to have two with a similar age gap, what purpose are you mainly going to use this for? Do you use a double stroller too? (If so what kind and do you think you’ll keep using it, or is this to kind of replace that when running errands because you can just put whichever kid in it, toddler if they aren’t feeling like walking or need to be contained and baby if you don’t want to baby wear, perhaps?)

@hewhoshallnotbenamed Congratulations!

I really just use it for travel. But I travel pretty often, and only bring the double stroller 80% of the time. And that’s exactly it: toddler walks and baby is in stroller, then baby is worn and toddler is in stroller, rinse and repeat.

We use a Vista most of the time at home. It was a gift when we had our first. While there are better double strollers and better single strollers, the Vista is still the best at doing both without notable compromises to the other. I think we might get the ride on board because sometimes toddler needs a wee break but doesn’t want to sit down. He’s super clumsy though and I’m worried he’ll fall off 😅

@evanga76 Oh thanks! Do you use the vista for just around the neighborhood or do you throw it in your car too for little trips or errands? I HaTE anything heavy or bulky. So I’m trying to figure out what I’ll use on errands with the car, and wondering if my double stroller could just stay set up in grave for walks to the park/nearby stores.

@hewhoshallnotbenamed We live in a walkable area so I use the Vista for most errands, no car. When I have to do something that requires a car, I try to plan it so I only have one kid; wear the infant or have toddler walk.

If necessary, I load the Vista in the trunk. You can’t fold it with the seat on it when the upper and lower adapters are on, so it’s a two-part situation (three if I use the rumble seat instead of clipping in baby’s Mesa). But fortunately it’s quite quick to unfold and clip in the seats. It’s just soooo big in most stores and any indoor restaurants.

@evanga76 Ooh thanks!! I think I’m gonna do what you’re doing as far as the planning to only have one kid or have one kid not in stroller somehow. I am looking at the valco snap duo because it’s only 23 lbs or the nuna trvl double, but I’d rather not deal with a double stroller in the car at all. And if I didn’t need that I might get something a little different, not sure.

@godslovewillblesstheworld Oh wow. Maybe. But honestly I prioritize something that folds easily with a tiny footprint.

Plus my older kid is really only in the stroller when he wants to focus on snacking or there is extended uphill travel; he walks most of the time. I’ll wear baby when toddler needs a stroller moment. If I anticipate heavy stroller use or need for simultaneous stroller naps on a trip, I bite the bullet and bring the UB Vista. If I’m pushing two kids, I want the Cadillac with all that storage. Then again Nuna makes great stuff…

@alliah How easy is it to convert this from accepting a Mesa clip in to having the regular seat? I was looking at this so when at home, I could keep it in the car and just clip the Mesa into it for quick in and out errands. But I’d also like to use it as a regular travel stroller with the seat on with regularity.

@evanga76 We never used it with a car seat, so I'm not 100% sure, but I think it would be fairly easy to leave the seat fabric on and clip the car seat into it. You'd just have to have the adapters on instead of the belly bar.

It's pretty easy to swap out the belly bar for the adapters, though. We did it with the bassinet for the first few months.

If you want confirmation of this, I'd recommend calling or emailing Uppababy. Their customer service is fantastic, and they'd definitely be able to help you.