Don't be discouraged by all the rosy posts on this sub

@seekinganswersinlife Yeah, I understand and I agree that I have seen similarly.

Like I said, I would post about it, but I was afraid it would be unhelpful. I have, however, been sharing some of my tips and understandings for those who are seeking guidance. I have also responded to people looking for positive stories. But I didn't post about it - I'm still not sure if I should lol.

@seekinganswersinlife Right. Perhaps I have exaggerated this to make a point. This was my anecdotal impression, not having scrolled the sub but rather having searched for specific things and found, almost always, the sorts of posts I describe. I sense that this is most users interact with the sub.

@lesnock Yes, from the viewpoint of someone who spends hours on this sub trying my best to help the literally hundreds of extremely desperate posts we get every day, I think perhaps you have exaggerated for your own narrative.

PS. The success stories that do get occasionally posted here are upvoted into oblivion because it’s usually so damn bleak in this space. So that’s probably why they are the first returned results if you are searching for your specific use case. Because our members need the hope!

@lesnock I think probably on night 14 your wake windows were wrong and the baby was probably overtired. I suggest giving the baby 7(seven) 1 hour naps during the day, with exactly 25.2 minutes of awake time before bed.

@candies Oh you left the house with baby and came back after 6pm? You should definitely never do that again, just order everything in and don’t talk to any adults until they are 2 yo.

@sheila56 Well at 1 year old, btw I am a sleep consultant, babies will nap for exactly 1.42 hours, 2 times a day, and need exactly 3.59 hours of awake time before bed. 1 minute either side of this is absolutely unacceptable and will destroy your baby’s sleep. If you are coming back after 6pm you have destroyed your baby’s life. If your baby is overtired and won’t sleep at night because you came back so late then you’ll need to get in there and lie on the floor and become a mattress for your baby. It’s important you don’t use sleep associations though, so you can’t move or breathe whilst the baby sleeps on you or else they will get used to it and sleep will become even worse. And there you go, now your baby will sleep all night. I hope this consultation was helpful for you

@lesnock Thank you for saying this! We are 4 nights in, using the Sleep Wave as well, and some things are better and others are worse and we're still obsessing about sleep all the time. For a long time I kept thinking. "I just need to find the magic sleep thing and we will achieve sleep nirvana". Magical thinking indeed...