Does anyone have the Dr. Browns glass bottles with sleeves? Do you struggle to get the sleeve on and off?

shae

I recently got these and was excited because the sleeve offered protection but it's so hard to get on, I can barely get it on all the way. I can't imagine taking it off. Does anyone else have this struggle or a solution?

@shae I just leave the sleeves on. They are dishwasher safe. It’s been a year without issues. If you get the sleeve wet before taking it off or on, it should slide on/off easily too.

@pam76 I’d like to give these a try and in the past, I’ve broken similar products when fully removing sleeves for cleaning. Just curious to know since you had it for a year, have you noticed any gunk or mold seem to be building up behind the sleeve? Have you checked?

@plains Sorry for the late reply! I haven’t noticed any mold or gunk at all. I will periodically look inside the bottle and check. Also, the sleeves come off easily right after the bottles come out of the dishwasher so I’ll pull the sleeves off occasionally. No mold or anything to date.

@pam76 No worries, thanks for getting back. I finally bought them 2 weeks ago. Have gone without sleeves and they are not broken yet but I don’t take them out of the house. You helped settle my concerns over mold. It only came with one sleeve and two bottles. I’m going to give it a try on one bottle that I will use for traveling in the car. Thank you.

@shae Our Avent glass bottles came with sleeves. They are also a PITA to get on and off, so we don’t use them.

10 months in and it hasn’t been a problem. We haven’t broken any. The tiny human isn’t given unsupervised bottles.

If I have to pack multiple for travel or something, I will often just nestle them between a couple of diapers or burp cloths so that they are bumping or rattling.

@shae I have the Avent glass bottles with sleeves; try turning the sleeve inside out, then rolling it back into the bottle. Same for taking it off, roll it off so it's inside out when it's off. I have found this to be the easiest way!

@shae We have these. I am not strong enough to get them on and off. My husband has done it with just brute force. We only used the sleeves like once or twice.

In over a year, we have only broken two bottles.

@shae I hate the sleeves. We just use them without it, but we have mostly carpet. Ours have gotten tossed around, dropped, and have been mostly okay. The only two that have broken were from myself and my partner dropping them in the kitchen

@shae Wetting the bottle beforehand helps to slip them on. To get them off, I’ll pry a finger under it and run some water to get into the sleeve and it slide off. We actually only use the sleeves for my mother in law who has broken numerous bottles over the years (between both kids). At our home, I have never broken a bottle even without a sleeve.

@shae I mostly leave the sleeves on, but I have no problem getting them off with hot soapy water or right when they come out of the dish washer.