Do you think she's hungry? (Rant)

@pastorfischer I second this. While I was struggling hard emotionally right after I had my child my MIL was super bad with with boundaries or even acknowledging my existence. I made the decision to stop bringing myself and child around her, and what do you know? The PPD symptoms are virtually gone months later! She feels wronged that she doesn't see her grandchild but she made her choice and played "I meant well but I'm going to keep doing what I want even though you asked me to stop" so I feel no real guilt. Kids don't need to see their mothers getting undermined and a happy mother is a good mother, if I takes cutting out people who don't get that for awhile then so be it, imo!

@ron4es Here's a sneak peek of /r/JUSTNOMIL using the top posts of the year!

#1: You can come over again when you bring me my daughter.

#2: I rearranged MIL’s furniture.

#3: JNMILitW and the Emergency Key

[sup][sup]I'm[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]a[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]bot,[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]beep[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]boop[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Downvote[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]to[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]remove[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Contact[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]me[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Info[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Opt-out[/sup][/sup]

@mamuka Be very direct. “Alright, hand him to me and I can give him a quick meal!” And hold your arms out expectantly. Works... 75% of the time 🤣 people need to be directed or else they’re just in perpetual la la land

@mamuka I agree you need to be direct.

Say "He's hungry and tired, I need to feed him" and hold out your arms expectantly.

Or, say "He's hungry and tired, I need to feed him," and just lean in and scoop him out of her arms. You don't need to wait around for someone to hand you back your baby. It's your baby. Just reach over and pick them up.

Back