Diaper rash is inevitable

@steviedj It's very mild redness! And it is just cropping up for the first time. I think she has generally sensitive skin and may just need a better barrier cream. She is needing frequent application of lotion head to toe.

@cathya For me, it is. I have an incredibly stringent wash routine, I’ve had to get an entirely new stash and I still deal with the occasional rash. Nothing some triple paste hasn’t fixed, but that being said, these rashes literally never happen to my baby with disposables. I think for some babies it’s true sadly.

@wren84 Same. My baby does get rashes more frequently in cloth and I don’t think it helps to deny that. Disposables are just better at keeping moisture from the skin. They don’t have the opportunity to build to ammonia or other things that can irritate skin. Does that mean you should not cloth diaper? No. But seriously.

@wren84 Not sure why you’re being downvoted 🤷🏻‍♀️ my baby has very sensitive skin, lots of eczema usually cause by the heat, and at least once a week he has a bit of a red bum - this occurs in cloth AND disposable. Not a full blown rash because we cake his bum with cream as soon as it appears, but some babes are just rashier than others.

Back