Diaper rash won’t go away

@ho2008 We were in a similar boat and the only thing that seemed to help even a little bit was the purple aquaphor. Turned out it was fungal and baby needed a prescription ointment. While everyone here has great advice, you should have the pediatrician take a look.

@ho2008 No nappy time.

I fold two towels in half and also have some rags under the bottom. If he poos then hopefully it is on the rag and move it away. If not and it’s in the towel, try fold the corner of the towel over the poo.

I try aim for 30 mins. We do tummy time as well during no nappy time.

@valx Yup this is the #1 thing that helped my babies diaper rash. We called it booty air time.
We switched wipes from huggies sensitive to honest and that also helped.
Now we do aquaphor first then butt paste after. Most important thing is to make sure the skin is dry before applying anything.

@ho2008 Really recommend metanium cream on first (just a little bit and wipe your hands after with a baby wipe simply because it can stain) and then putting sudocream over the metanium if the nappy rash is really bad. Works a charm, lovely x

@ho2008 Butt paste and aquafor combo. Don’t wipe just rinse under sink for a day or two then use hairdryer for every change. Also, you can use maizena to dry it out even more. Rash should be gone in less than a week.

@ho2008 We had this problem and it was yeast. It didn’t go away until we ended up getting an oral yeast medication from the doctor. The yeast creams didn’t even work.

@ho2008 We use dry wipes for pees and only wet wipes for poops and that has helped so so much for us! I also use the dry wipe to pat down after using wet wipes. We use purple Destin with an active rash and aquafor for all other diaper changes and our LO hasn’t had a rash since she was about 4 weeks and 12 weeks now. She also goes all night without a diaper change since she sleeps through the night and doesn’t poop at night so it really works for us!

@ho2008 My baby experienced a pretty bad rash when she first came home. The only thing that worked for us was applying aquaphor all over and adding triple paste on top of the rash! Worked like wonders 🙌🏽

@ho2008 This was our problem too! Use Desitin- the zinc oxide content is much stronger and takes care of the issue!! Seconding also that you may need an anti fungal or antibacterial from your pediatrician if it’s something else. My daughter had a terrible rash when she had thrush and after as well, and the only thing that helped it was letting it dry, then applying bacitracin and the prescription cream at every diaper change. The “let it dry before applying diaper cream” part is super super important so you don’t seal any moisture in!

@ho2008 My LO has a diaper rash since second week of life. She is currently 7 weeks. We had a bad diaper rash…her skin was raw. We stopped using wipes and would wash her with warm water. Try to air dry as much as possible and her pediatrician gave some creams (cortisone and anti-fungal) Plus colopaste applied as a barrier. Just ensure the area is dry. I would wake her up for a diaper change but also feed her so the diaper isn’t on for too long. It isn’t easy! Just take the steps asap because you don’t want to be shoes…the rash really dragged on!

@ho2008 Mine had a bad rash for awhile and it turned out to be the wipes I was using! Also blot with the wipe instead of a wiping motion. I also use butt paste with aquaphor baby on top of the but paste. Cleared up in less than 48 hours. Pampers pure wipes are what I switched to. They're super soft.

Back