Daily Chat 9/6/14 Starving Saturday and Baby Watch: DwK Edition

@jacknife I am in one of those moods where I am hungry as all get out....But can't put my finger on what I want to eat. All my mind and heart are really telling me I fancy is a venti pumpkin spice late. I'm too lazy to go get one- and I think a venti is too big! Woe is me. Lol so excited for Douches!!!

@jacknife I've been googling and pinning chicken enchilada soup crockpot recipes. I think I'm going to make a batch tomorrow even though it's like 100 degrees out.

I'm checking CBB obsessively today looking for DwC!

@jacknife We found a brisket that was miss weighed or maybe marked wrong making it about half off. Never cooked brisket before, but we snatched that thing up. We had plans to smoke it on the grill, but it's been pouring down rain since early am! Noooo my red meat craving!

We also picked up some "pluots" some kind of plum apricot hybrid? They are super yummy!

@jacknife Today, the afternoon nausea has come on strong. Cold water is helping. I probably will feel better if I eat, but nothing sounds good. Also, I'm still at the point where I'm happy I feel queasy. It'll probably get old fast, though.

Yesterday I had delicious Mexican food with my dad. I ate like all the chips and salsa. Yum!

@jacknife We're getting pizza for dinner! My husband wanted me to cook, so I suggested a bunch of things I knew he wouldn't be interested in so we could have pizza instead...

@jacknife I made Chinese porridge today. It's basically just rice, water, chicken stock, ginger, and ground pork boiled into a thick congee. I made a big pot and have had 4 bowls (so far) today. Since it's evening now, my heartburn is setting in and I get a sour aftertaste, but it's still quite good :)

Shopping... if we're not talking about food, I:
  • Ordered 2 Belly Bands and 1 Belly Wrap from bellybuttonbands.com today. Used code athriftymom1 to take $40 off the order, and they're running a special today where if I buy 2 bands, I can get a wrap for just $10! Hoping these + maternity clothes will make me more comfy.
  • Browsed online at Kohls, Motherhood Maternity, Amazon, and LOFT... and got about $200-$300 worth of stuff added to carts, and then decided I had better go to a Motherhood Maternity store first before buying anything online.
At almost 10 weeks I can feel my hard uterus, and the bloat is so bad sometimes. I'm starting to dislike the way my pants feel :l Decided I'm not going to make myself suffer. I already get ridiculous back pain at work; no need for constricting pants as well! So I guess a shopping trip is imminent! :)

Back