Cut from track team due to going away for Christmas vacation?

@cuberman The public high schools in my region do not limit how many students can compete for track or cross country. In a multi-school competition, they just run as many heats as needed.

If my school has four times as many students as any other school, then in a competition there would be several heats where only students from my school are running.

The top competitors are determined by their run times.

Only at the state level are there a limited number of competitors from a given school, and schools also are divided into groupings based on the size of a school. A 100 student school doesn't have much of a pool of athletes to choose from compared to a 500 or 1,000 student school. So, a small school competes against other small schools at the state level.

@cuberman Our track team in NJ was like this as well. Even though track coaches are academics teachers they expect kids to drop everything for track since athletics takes precedence over everything else. The track coaches are psychotic in this town. Literally have seen kids out running on roads the day before a hurricane came to town and the rain was f’n torrential.

Back