Considering baby bjorn mini but not sure if it’s right for me!

wrshamblinjr

Hi everyone! I have a 2 week old who I would like to baby wear. I currently have the baby k’tan, but both baby and I are not a fan. Sometimes baby will sleep in it, other times she will fuss and squirm, and stops as soon as I take her out. To me it feels tight and I find it doesn’t to know if I’m sitting her correctly or not.

I’ve been looking for a more structured option and am wondering if the baby bjorn mini might be what I need! My main concern is baby growing out of it too quickly, she’s pretty big (8lbs at birth and passed birth weight at 8 days old). Both her dad and I were big babies as well.

Does anyone have any experience with the baby bjorn mini? Or can anyone recommend another type of carrier that may work for me?

Also, if anyone has had success with the baby k’tan I’d love to hear any tips as well!

@wrshamblinjr The BB mini was great until about 15 lbs, now it’s really not ergonomic at all and really puts a lot of pressure on the shoulders/traps. So I would avoid that one if you’re concerned about growing out of it too quickly.

@wrshamblinjr My husband mostly used the mini and he’s still looking for a replacement, we have ordered and are waiting on a Lenny Lamb onbuhimo. I use a combination of the Tula Explore, Minimonkey, and Cococho. I like having a variety as they do put pressure/weight on different areas so rotating is helpful especially since we baby wear 2-3 hours every day.