Car seats in Turkey?

We're moving to Turkey next week from the US! Our kids are 4, 18 months, and 4 months.
  1. Any recommendations for car seat brands or models? I assume it's European brands that are available.
  2. I know I can buy them from E-Bebek - are there other stores I can find them at?
We currently have a Graco Slim fit, a Chicco Fit2, and a Chicco Keyfit 30. I'm not sure if I should just take the seats I have or buy new ones there.

Thank you for any and all leads!

@%D7%A0%D7%95%D7%A6%D7%A8%D7%99 I don't live in Turkey but we spend the summers there with our extended family. For our twins, we bought 2 Britax Römers in 2020 after making a research. Besafe, Cybex and Maxi Cosi were also in our shortlist as they all have good ratings in ADAC tests. The model we bought is quite heavy but that shouldn't be an issue if you are not planning to remove and reinstall it frequently.

We bought ours from e-bebek. If you are fine with second hand products and can navigate in the webpages without English version then check out tutumluanne.com and sahibinden.com.

@sonyeondan_ello I think “never” is a bit harsh. I have an infant car seat that won’t expire for a few years and has never been in an accident. I personally don’t see why another family couldn’t get some use out of it before it’s no longer useable.

That being said, yes - I would be weary of buying second hand from strangers as you don’t know how trustworthy they are.

@%D7%A0%D7%95%D7%A6%D7%A8%D7%99 I've done a handful of international moves with my kids, and the first thing I pack are the car seats.

If you do end up leaving yours behind, though, and purchase an infant car seat in Turkey, you should know they use a 3 point buckle system instead of 5 point. This can cause the straps to slide off of the shoulders.

Enjoy your new home!

Back