Lightweight Infant Car Seats

@rukundo A stroller wouldn't bother my shoulder. It's carrying the car seat even from the car to the door that I'm concerned about. I've looked at travel systems, but I don't think I'll want to use the stroller each time I move the car seat.

@occanondenomchurch You can skip the bucket carrier and go straight to a convertible car seat. It saves a purchase (the bucket seat never lasted me more than 6 months with either kid) and you only have to carry the baby, not the seat too. I have severe scoliosis and ended up screwing up my shoulder pretty badly by hauling around a baby bucket with my first.

@occanondenomchurch Honestly, I skipped the infant seat altogether because they get so heavy so fast, I didn’t want anyone letting my baby sleep in a car seat that wasn’t in a car and it saved some money. The Chicco Nextfit seats fit newborns really well all the way up to 65lbs but there are plenty of other options as well.

@occanondenomchurch I highly recommend the Nuna Pipa Lite. I got the lx version but they've since come out with the rx version that doesn't require a base. Additionally, you really should consider getting a compact stroller to go with the pipa. I'm using the UPPAbaby Minu with the Nuna adapters and LOVE it so much! This combo was a lifesaver during my C-section recovery.

Back