Can anyone recommend a car seat ecosystem for me?

lackswisdom

I was planning on the Cybex Cloud Z with Base Z graduating to the Sirona Z since I'd have the base already - but then I realised that the Sirona S is basically the same as the Z but the base is attached and it's cheaper! So that's made me question all my decisions.

I could get a different infant seat and graduate to the Sirona S, or I could graduate straight to a car seat suitable from 1-12 yrs old.

My priorities are:
  • A rotating toddler seat
  • A lie flat infant car seat that can attach to a push chair
  • Saving money by buying fewer upgrades until 12 yo
Sorry so vague. Any advice around what you did is appreciated!

@lackswisdom What about Evenflo? We got the Revolve Gold 360 or something and we all (incl. baby) friggin love it. I wish more car seats spun b/c it's such a game-changing feature.

ETA: Nvm this can't attach to a stroller, wah wah. But we got it after noticing LO was about to outgrow his infant car seat (which was part of a travel system, Chicco KeyFit 30) and should last us a very long time. I didn't know there were any travel systems w/rotating car seats, but I hope you find what you're looking for!

@lackswisdom We had the cloud Z and that was also our initial plan ( upgrade to sirona Z).
With 15 months we upgrade directly to a cybex pallas ( both cars - one pallasS, one pallas i size G) - and we are very happy with it.

Cloud Z was very robust, nice materials, easy to use. Its being used now by our best friends, and even after 15-16 months of daily use it looks almost new.

@te15 Thanks for this thats helpful. Why did you decide to skip the sirona z? Did you just decide you don't need rotation/swivel?

Why do you have 2 types of Pallas?

If you could go back would you still do things this way?

@lackswisdom We skipped it because we figured it out we would have payed 400 euros for just 2 more years.

The ADAC/ ÖAMTC tests ( germany and Austria) had great review scores for the pallas, even though its a face fronting seat, actually very similar to a rear board.

Another point for the decision was that the seats are made in germany. And also because I heard only good stuff about them.

We have 2 different models because we bought the pallas S for the second car ( while still using the cloud Z on my car and still planning to buy the sirona). We were so happy with the pallas that we skipped the sirona altogether. For my car i bought the 2021 model ( easier to strap on - its like 1 second) while my husband has the older version where you lose 5 seconds strapping on the seatbelt.

https://www.baby-walz.at/p/cybex-go...os=10&ff_page=1&ff_query=Pallas&ff_mid=734842 the older version in my husbands car

https://www.baby-walz.at/p/pallas-g...pos=2&ff_page=1&ff_query=Pallas&ff_mid=894221
The one in my car

Edit: grammar

Back