Can anyone else relate?

@jlhargus I completely understand this feeling. I’ve been with my husband for 9 years and married since 2020. Also due to personal reasons like school, finances, getting our house in order, etc. we decided to wait. But now I’ve been ready since last summer to TTC and my husband is finally on board to TTC this summer (also hoping for spring baby).
But I am surrounded by pregnant people including a younger sister. It is SO HARD and hearing about her pregnancy has me so sad. I feel like I am grieving every day for something that I haven’t even tried to do. I don’t have advice on how to keep your mind off it for the next 5 months, but just know that you aren’t alone. These Reddit forums have helped me feel less alone since I cannot talk to family about it or I am accused of being jealous, unsupportive of my sister (specifically), or I “shouldn’t have waited”.

@jlhargus Just try, even if the timing isn't right. Who knows, it might take a while, and if it doesn't, YAY, you will figure out your school schedule -- you'll get a long-term sub, it'll be fine. People have babies all the in all sorts of professions. There is no guarantee of you getting pregnant June-Sep, or maybe you do, and have a loss and have to start over, then your timing is wrong so will you wait an entire year? Nope. Life happens and work has to bend around it. You clearly want a baby, just go for it!

Back