Boys to men

@nomalanga You're right, they are an alien species. Mysterious, impenetrable, nothing like you and me.

None of us have lived for years with husbands, lovers, brothers, fathers, uncles, grandfathers. Not to mention our own sons. And worked closely with men for decades as colleagues. Nope, no way to figure them out.

@chauncywilltheologian I don’t understand why you’re trying so hard to be right lol I grew up in a place where if there wasn’t a man in the house it didn’t feel safe so I respect where u are coming from but I just don’t see things that way we can agree to disagree

@nomalanga I just didn't want you to feel so scared - it seemed like a lot of suffering that probably is not necessary. But I know it can be hard to change how you feel. Good luck and all best wishes to you feeling more on top of stuff soon!

@nomalanga I‘m so sorry for your loss, this sounds like a very hard time for you.

I‘m about to give birth to my son, and to be honest I‘ve been asking myself the same question every day - how am I supposed to be a father figure to him and teach him how to be a man?

I have no clue yet. But your last sentence broke my heart, you are a great mummy and from this post alone I can see how much you love your son.

You‘ll raise an amazing boy and he‘ll be so thankful to have such a strong woman as his mother, I am sure of this! Try not to worry too much, I hope you will feel better soon and have support around you xx

@nomalanga You’re not alone, sending lots of hugs and love. I am sorry you have to go through it..

I am a solo parent to a boy. Never thought I would be able to do it because I know nothing about “boys things” but he is the sweetest, kindest and most hilarious kid. He’s almost 11yrs now. Those feelings were so strong the first few years, then it got easier and now he’s approaching high school I’m internally freaking a little bit again. But you can do it, you’ll find answers and you two will have such a special relationship to go with it 🤍

Back