Battery Toys w/o an Off Switch

@sabrinagrace We ended up with a few myself that he was given before we could screen them - superglue overnight in the speaker hole was a savior as well as removing the batteries and then stripping the screw ("I'm sorry, the screw is broke, I can't replace the batteries")

@sabrinagrace You are the boss of what stays in your house. If a toy is driving you crazy, you can take it to the consignment shop or sell it on Facebook marketplace and use the funds to buy a quiet replacement toy.

@yoamocuy I don’t have the lack of heart of take one away as he greatly likes. BUT when I see the opportunity for it to get placed in the garage, I take it! And do what I can to keep it as an outside toy.

@dannypan I take the batteries out of all the little people toys I buy before I let my toddler see them. That school bus kept going off while I had it upside down, trying to unscrew the battery cover. “Hell Bus” is very accurate until it’s silenced.

@justwilliam "Being nice to others puts everyone in a good mood!"

"🎵 Lots of people ride the bus every day. Sometimes someone needs a smile sent their way. So remember to be sweet to everyone you meet. Yeah, you can share a smile to brighten their day. 🎵"

"Good morning, Eddie, how are you? 🗣️ I'm great! Thanks for asking."

@sabrinagrace I so far have avoided having them in our house. LO has a ride on toy that makes noise/sings songs, but otherwise I’ve gotten rid of any of the other ones before she even know they’re here. I sent a few of them to my parents house because she’s the first grandchild and they don’t have many toys there, the rest I donated.

I was the last of my friends and family to have a baby and bought myself a LOT of good karma by never buying their children toys that make noise so a lot of people have returned the favour.

I worked in childcare for many years and those toys haunt me to this day. I would hear them in my sleep. I can’t bring myself to let my kiddo play with them 🤣
I’m sure that day will end when she’s old enough to remember what she got for her birthday/Christmas and be excited about them, but for now I keep our house silent.

@sandyo We are approaching the 1 year mark & I am truly shocked that our family has respected our ‘no batteries’ request.

If we can make it through toddlerdom without that dang talking dog it will be truly a miracle

Back