Baby registry checklist!

reganne

Hi! I'm making my baby registry (first baby) and we're planning to cloth diaper for financial reasons. I've been reading and put together some stuff on the registry but I want to know what y'all think about it, especially the quantity per item. I've babysat for a family who used Essembly and I really liked them but the reason I'm doing this is to save money so I'm doing prefolds.
For context we'll be doing disposables for the first 4-6 weeks, there's so many diapers at that stage and I just know I won't be able to keep up with the extra laundry freshly postpartum.

GMD Prefolds: 2 dozen each, sizes small and medium
Essembly outers: 6, size 1
Thirsties hemp inserts: 8 (4 sets of 2)?? size small
Snappi 5 pack

Update: You've all been so helpful!!! I took your advice and here's the updated registry list just because!

Covers: 8 cloth-eez wrap size zero, 7 essembly outers size one

Inners: 24 each GMD prefolds in sizes newborn, small, and medium, 4 each GMD workhorses (no closure) sizes newborn and medium, 8 thirsties hemp inserts

Snappi 5 pack

Spray-pal and a sprayer

@reganne I love your stash draft so far. It’s got all of the best things IMO. Esembly outers, GMD prefolds, thirsties hemp inserts. Snappis are a must too. Love it all. If I were you though, I’d definitely add at least a 4 workhorses. Or esembly inners if that’s more your thing. They come in handy for overnight. You can go for the newborn ones without snaps. The ones without snaps will last a lot longer (if you end up having a normal size baby) like up to 3 or 4 months and skip right to mediums after that.

@reganne My baby was 5 pounds 13 ounces when she was born at 36 weeks and is now 11.5 pounds at 4 months. We started with6 or 10 alvababy newborn pockets, 6 preemie GMD prefolds, several nb size covers from a few brands, and a dozen nb size GMD workhorses/#. When we started with the cloth at home as soon as our hospital diapers ran out, we ordered more alvababy newborn pockets and then eventually switched from their microfiber inserts to the three layer bamboo inserts in nb size from alvababy.

Baby is still not big enough for one size diapers. At 11.5 pounds we have another outer snap we can use, and we’re still buttoning a single rise snap. So I think we have a few more pounds for her to gain before she outgrows these. I wish I had skipped the microfiber inserts with these.

/#half with snaps and half without, we decided to go all no snaps when we sized up to small around 10.5 pounds so we could sent the nb size workhorses to a friend whose baby was born in December….thats about when the reflux made my baby stop gaining weight, but she’s back on track now

@keith841 Our apartment doesn't have an in-unit washer so we're going to get one of those little portable ones, I'm basically planning to start with diapers and see how much room is left in there 😅

@reganne The sizes are likely fine but you might want to hold off on deciding sizing until your baby is born and you start to see their curve. Or, keep everything packaged until your baby is born. I’d also hold off on the hemp inserts. You can always just use a medium prefold or double up the small prefolds on the newborn if you want extra absorbency. This might be a bit bulky, in which case maybe you only need a handful of hemp inserts for special occasions.

Back