Babies are wild and we’re just here for the ride

miljana93

FTM here with a 5W LO and I think I’m slowly but surely realizing there is no rhyme or reason to these little humans! To some degree, yes, then need fed, changed, hugged, etc. but right when we think we “got in a good groove,” he said “fck this” and changes the tune!

And I love to add reasoning to behavior. Did he not sleep as long last night because he napped too hard before bedtime routine started? Does feeding him too close to his “bedtime bottle” affect how long he’ll be down? I can drive myself crazy with all the “oh he did X so it messed up Y & Z”. But I think I’ve come to terms with he’s a baby.. this is his world right now and I’m here to go with his flow and figure it out along the way.

Not looking for advice but would love to hear stories from other moms who thought they had they LOs all figured out, just to get a hard dose of gotcha from them!

@miljana93 Preach mama!!

My husband keeps trying to find reasons or make predictions which helps me manage my own expectations since I’m on night duty.

ETA: sitting here as LO only eats 1.5oz of his bottle…when typically he houses 4.0oz at this time of day ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@miljana93 My LO is 13 weeks and I’ve also came to this realization lol stopped liking the cradle hold, then preferred looking over the shoulder, now only wants to be held carried forward which is killing my wrists 😅 every day is something different. Don’t get me started with naps every time I think I have a schedule figured out there’s a curveball 😵‍💫 definitely babies world and I’m just the butler lol

@drluvorkian My guy does this with my husband -will only be held by him facing out, and prefers me to hold him after my hip to look n both directions... Crazy little beasties!

@miljana93 FTM to 6 week old already starting to over analyze todays crap naps. but i try to tell myself everything you are- there’s just no rhyme or reason and i can’t control everything! gotta go with the flow!

@miljana93 The "fck this" made me lol, man I feel that hard!

Mine is 4.5 months. She was a temperamental newborn but slept great whenever we left the house. Just two weeks ago I feel like I finally learned how to read her needs. We had a great 3 days of calm bliss... and then she screamed for an hour when I brought her to a friend's house for dinner. My husband and I left without eating a thing.

So now she's continued to be a blissful baby at home or out in nature, but scream cries whenever we go indoors for longer than 5 minutes. Can't win!

@juangil Oh man! They are such little mysteries!! We were over my MILs yesterday and the only time he’d nap was when he was bjorn’d to me and I whispered in his ear “why do you like to troll us in front of other people?” 😂😂 you know it’s not at all personal, but sometimes it feels like they know what they are doing!!

Back